Getting started: using the Learning Hub
Our Learning Hub is a Moodle website (virtual learning environment).
Below are some short instructions for using the Learning Hub. The main user guide is a longer document on the Hub homepage and in the course called ‘Important information for learners’.
1. Your email address
When you enrol on a course with Waltham Forest Adult Learning Service you are asked for your email address.
The email address you provide is used to create your user account for the Learning Hub.
If you did not provide an email address – or you have a new email address – please ask your lecturer to contact the Business Support team to update your records.
2. Check your email
An account will automatically be created for you on the Learning Hub before your course starts.
You will be emailed a username and a password that will allow you to log in.
If you cannot see an email, please:
- check your spam or junk folder
- or go to the ‘Forgotten password page’ to set a new password.
3. Log in
- Log in to the Learning Hub at https://walthamforest1.mrooms.net/login/index.php;
- You will be asked to change your password the first time you log in. Please create a new password that you will remember.
- After you log in, click the ‘My courses’ link in the top right corner
4. ‘My courses’
The ‘My Courses’ page gives you access to all the courses you are currently enrolled on.
- The ‘My courses’ page is where you can access your profile, messages and courses
- To access a course and its contents, please click the course title.
5. Edit your profile
- Click ‘Profile’ at the top of the window and go to ‘Edit profile’. This section is for information about you. Your name, email address, profile picture and other interesting information about you. You can complete as much of this as you like, but please remember not to include personal information.
- When you have finished editing your profile, click the ‘Update profile’ button.
6. Email address
Please do not change your email address on the Learning Hub: you must first ask your lecturer to contact our Business Support team for your database record to be updated.
7. Preferences and changing your password
The Preferences panel lists all of the things that you can change in your profile.
The most important one to know about is the Change password option.
You should change your password if you think somebody else knows it or if you are having trouble remembering your password.